Last updated: February 26, 2014
- SCOPE AND CONSENT
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our goal is to collect and use information to deliver effective and personalized services which take your interests and preferences into account, as well as for our legitimate business needs and interests.
There are two main types of information we collect about our online users:
- Information that identifies you: This is commonly referred to as ‘personal information’ and includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address or payment information (including your credit card number), photos or video footage of you; and
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: Such as information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our online services and information relating to your usage of those services.
There are six main categories of information we collect about our online services users that include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contact/Registration information: for example, your telephone number or e-mail address, where you have subscribed to a service such as program updates; name, age, gender or interests when you register for an account on one of our online services; delivery address where you are buying a product or service through an online service; or your age, location or delivery address if you choose to enter a competition or sweepstake offered through the online services.
- Information that you provide on message boards and other user forums: including your username, images or videos. Please use caution when posting to messages boards or other forums, as information posted to these portions of the online services is public information.
- Information about your equipment: for example, the type and version of your device’s operating system or web browser.
- Information about your interactions with the online services: for example, your Internet protocol or (IP) address, pages that you visit within the online services, gameplay data or other information collected through Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
- Information that is collected from social networks and publicly available data: if you visit our online services on a device through which you also interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook “like” button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). If you don’t want a social network to collect the information about you as described above, or you don’t want to a social network to share it with us and other third parties, please review the privacy settings and instructions of the applicable social network before you visit and use our online services.
We may also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with the online services. You agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for two years or until you withdraw consent.The information we have access to from the third-party social media websites varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and by your consent.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information when you use our online services in three main ways:
. Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you request products or services from us, when you register with us, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the online services you use from shared devices.
- From third parties including social networks, from publicly available records and from our trusted business partners.
- D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information to:
- provide the services you have requested;
- create an online services account if you have requested one;
- personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates;
- respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- allow you to participate in the interactive features of our online services, where you choose to do so;
- provide technical support for the online services;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on the online services;
- protect the safety of users and others on the online services;
- enforce our online services’ terms of service;
- understand how online services are used so that we can continuously improve them, and the services we provide to you;
- send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages; and
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Information shared among SSTV affiliates.
- Information collected automatically: this information collected from your interaction with the online services via cookies and tracking technologies, which may or may not include personal information, may be shared with SSTVaffiliates for the purposes of research, analysis, marketing and ad-serving.
Information shared with trusted third parties:
- Service providers or business partners that we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: Such as for hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, administering contests, providing technology services and platforms, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information collected through the online services to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
- Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents and contractors or other individuals;
- Protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- Enforce applicable terms of service
Except where otherwise indicated, SSTV online services are general audience sites not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. Except where otherwise indicated we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (who is under 13) has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on our online services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to so the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our online services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, by other means provided to unsubscribe, or using the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your data for as long as you use the online services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to delete the data that you provided via the online services please use the settings on the online services or contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for the online services to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
- WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
SSTV is based in the United States and may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries and make it accessible to any of our affiliates and third party service providers internationally. Where the transfer of information is to a country which does not provide an adequate level of information protection, SSTV has taken steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. Under United States law, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States.
By using our online services and providing your personal information to us you understand and agree that your personal information may be sent to other countries including those which do not provide an equivalent level of information protection as the European Economic Area (EEA).
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We provide opt-out choices for cookies and tracking technologies. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop targeted advertising, but it will still allow the collection of usage data for certain purposes (e.g., research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes).
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Notice to California Residents:
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Chief Privacy Officer, 100 Universal City Plaza, 1280, Universal City, California, 91608-1002, US. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how SSTV responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. SSTV does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Links to Other Websites:
- CONTACT US